Monday, January 14, 2008

Reekoe's Room


As an avid supporter of animal rescue, I am constantly looking for new and creative ways I can help. Several months ago, I decided to start a Cafepress store in the hopes of raising extra money to donate to my favorite rescue groups. My store, Reekoe's Room, features unique gifts for pet lovers, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, bumper stickers, and more. Most of my designs promote the adoption of shelter pets, spaying and neutering, and kindness towards animals. For example, my Report Animal Cruelty Design, featured on the left, has been a consistent best-seller.

Each month, I select an animal rescue organization or shelter and donate 100% of the profits from my store. This little experiment in virtual volunteerism has turned into a great success!

In December 2007, the proceeds from Reekoe's Room went to Saving Shelter Pets, Inc. Through purchases made at my store, I was able to donate almost $200.00 to this organization.

In January 2008, the proceeds from Reekoe's Room will go to the Newnan-Coweta Humane Society, located in Newnan, Georgia. This small humane society works tirelessly to rescue dogs and cats slated for euthanization at the local animal control facilities.

To see who else we've supported, please visit About Reekoe's Room.

0 comments: