Friday, March 7, 2008

Are You An Artist or Graphic Designer? Donate Your Talents!

In trying to figure out ways to raise more money to donate to my favorite rescue organizations, I decided to experiment with Cafepress. If you're not familiar with Cafepress, it is an site that allows members to build an online store, hosted by Cafepress, to upload designs, and to sell hundreds of items featuring those designs to online shoppers. All hosting is managed by Cafepress, as is all order processing, and manufacturing. For the most part, all you have to do is set up your store, and upload designs.

You can set up a store for free, or you can pay a relatively small fee to have a "premium" store. After experimenting with a couple free stores, I set up my first premium store, Reekoe's Room. My store features over 100 pet-related designs, focusing on animal welfare, animal rescue, and spaying and neutering. Each month, I choose a deserving animal welfare organization, and donate 100% of my profits. My little "experiment" has turned out to be a huge success. Since I started my store about six months ago, I have been able to donate an extra $1,000 to animal rescue organizations. To see which organizations I'm supporting, please click here.

A Cafepress store can be a very lucrative fundraiser for animal rescue organizations. For tips on how to make your store a success, please visit Cafepress Tips for Animal Rescue Organizations. All it really takes is a little time and some effort.

For individuals wishing to help rescue organizations, starting a Cafepress store and donating a portion of your proceeds is a great way to help. If you've got some ideas for t-shirts or bumper stickers, start a free store, and donate your profits to rescue. If you've already got a Cafepress store, consider donating a portion of your proceeds to animal welfare organizations. Or, you could make a "special edition" design, the proceeds from which are donated to rescue. Finally, you could donate a t-shirt, or a mug, or some stickers to organizations looking for raffle items or prizes.

One other option is to create a design and donate that design to your favorite animal rescue organization if they already have a Cafepress store. Click here to find out size and dimension suggestions for your designs. Typically, your favorite organization's website will have a link to their store. Otherwise, check out this site for an extensive list of organizations with Cafepress stores.


As an example of how this works, I am offering this design from my store, free, to any qualified organization or individual who wishes to use it for animal-welfare related purposes. To get a copy of this design as high-quality, large-scale png. file, please e-mail me at jyackley01@gmail.com. Please include the e-mail address where you wish to have the file mailed, as well as what you intend to use the image for.

0 comments: